Saturday, March 28, 2020

Excellent Nonpartisan Nonfiction: Now that mags like New Yorker and Atlantic have become fanatical fever swamps we can turn to some terrific books: The Fire Outside My Window, Sandra Younger, 2013, Globe Pequot - Many homes. Many lives. Gone. - Started by a panicked lost Sergio Martinez as a signal fire in dry windy chaparral



The Fire Outside My Window: A Survivor Tells The True Story Of California's Epic Cedar Fire


The Fire Outside My Window: A Survivor Tells the True Story of California's Epic Cedar Fire is both a poignant memoir and a veteran journalist's narrative nonfiction account of the largest known wildfire in California history, a catastrophic event that crippled postcard-perfect San Diego and dominated international headlines in October 2003. ...

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Outside-My-Window-Californias-ebook/dp/B00MJD7D1A/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+fire+outside+my+window+by+younger&qid=1585410590&s=books&sr=1-1