Friday, December 19, 2014

Refugee Resettlement Watch - Ann Corcoran: Weekly wrap-up December 19th - Three most popular posts: "1. So where might those Syrians be going? ..."


Weekly wrap-up December 19th



I hadn't planned to do a wrap-up for a week where posting was light while I worked on a bigger project, but because one post this past week could end up being the post of the year, I figured I needed to mention it!  Thousands and thousands of readers clicked on this post from last Friday:  So where might those Syrians be going?
And, I hope that means that at least some of you read to the end of that post and called your local resettlement contractor to ask if Syrians were coming to your city.
The number two post was no surprise (given the number one post).   Readers from Europe make up a growing share of our readers, so number three is no surprise either.  Here are the top three posts of the week (top daily posts are in the right hand side bar):
For all of you who have sent me story ideas over the last week, I hope to start catching up with those today and continue up until Christmas Eve now that my project is behind me.
To see the usual top ten countries, visit our blogging category to see past weekly updates.  But, we are excited to report that we have a new country that broke into the top ten this week—welcome Czech Republic!
***Update*** Maybe this is why we are getting so many readers from the Czech Republic!
Because of the Islamic terror attack by a “refugee” in Australia this week, our Australian readers were here in force. ...