Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Guardian: Toni Morrison: 'I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman' - "I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back.”

- - -

Image result for toni morrison images

Toni Morrison: 'I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman'

The Nobel prize-winning author Toni Morrison has delivered a frank assessment of race relations in America, declaring that until racial disparities in the criminal justice system are resolved, the conversation about racism will never be over.


Morrison, who won the Pulitzer prize in 1988 for her novel Beloved, which told a story of racism and slavery in 19th-century Kentucky and Ohio, drew on a recent spate of high-profile killings of unarmed African Americans by law enforcement officials to illustrate the ongoing struggle.
“People keep saying, ‘We need to have a conversation about race’,” Morrison told the Daily Telegraph.
“This is the conversation. I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back.”
She added: “And I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman. Then when you ask me, ‘Is it over?’, I will say yes.” ...

     Leave it to the MSM, UK Division, to call this paranoid hatred a "frank assessment," as if such bloody yammerings were courageous.