Thursday, June 18, 2015

RR Watch - Ann Corcoran : Comments worth noting: Trolls just want to troll!


Comments worth noting: Trolls just want to troll!

Some of our regular readers might have noticed that we have a troll (‘314maker’) who has arrived in the last few days to criticize RRW and you.

Fat-Green-TrollI’m really o.k. with criticism and with trolls, but just wish one of them would one day take me up on my offer to write a guest column with reasoned arguments about why he/she believes that America should invite the world to come live here.

Here is ‘314maker’ trying to make the point that we don’t take all the refugees the UN has selected for us.

‘314maker':
Seems like my comment was deleted. Again, just because a refugee is referred to the U.S. Program, does not mean the case will be accepted, nor does it mean the case will be given refugee status by USG officials.

Here is what I said in response to that comment from ‘314 maker’ yesterday (this is at our post on Idaho).

Ann:
As long as you don’t swear or threaten anyone personally I don’t delete comments. But, also, remember I don’t sit at the computer all day waiting for comments to roll in. This is a reminder to everyone, I post them when I have time in the middle of my otherwise busy life.
314maker, we have many times over the years reported that the UN specifically says it has chosen refugees for us. The UNHCR tells us they do!
But, since you are here, I would like to offer you the opportunity to write a guest post for us and explain why America has to take the large number of refugees we now take, and we want a logical explanation, with no mention of “nation of immigrants” and no appeal to religion, no name-calling, just simply explain why it is in our interest to admit large numbers of impoverished people to our cities and towns, and why it isn’t enough to take care of American poor first.
And, most of all we would really like to know if even you have a limit. Is there some number that is simply too many? Or, would you just erase all of our borders and invite anyone from anywhere to live here?
This is a serious offer of an opportunity to reach a lot of people with a logical reason why you are in support of mass immigration.

He/she has refused my offer.  And, by the way, we are under no obligation to be fair and balanced.  The Hard Left/Open Borders crowd is never fair and balanced!

‘314maker':
Ann – I am not interested in writing a guest post and kindly request that you do not create one based on my comments. Your blog is highly editorialized (your prerogative) and routinely twists facts to support a certain mindset – a mindset which I want no part of, even in an attempt to correct. I believe in the process of refugee resettlement and I do not feel the need to justify this belief to you or your readers. I will, however, continue to read your blog and provide comments as I find your take on things quite entertaining.

He/she wants to keep commenting, but I suggested perhaps he/she could write his/her own blog and call it Refugee Resettlement Watch Watch! (but that would mean having to do some work!).

Ann:
I thought so…easy to comment critically, less easy to logically explain your point of view. Hey, here is an idea, rather than me giving you a platform to attack on a daily basis, why don’t you do the hard work of writing a blog—Call it Refugee Resettlement Watch Watch and I will prominently link it and promote it!
Editor’s note:  For our many new readers, ‘Comments worth noting’ is a category in which we archive interesting comments! It is also where we archive guest columns like the one we hoped ‘314maker’ would write.