Thursday, October 26, 2017

RRW: Rare oversight hearing on refugee program in Congress today--watch it! - 2 huge issues always ignored: Fraud; Local Consultation





Posted by Ann Corcoran on October 26, 2017
As I told you yesterday, the House Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security (full Committee is the Judiciary Committee) will hold an oversight hearing on the US Refugee Admissions Program this morning.
Screenshot (1014)
We had little notice of the hearing with a press release only sent out late in the day on Tuesday (the 24th).
So there was little time for you all to get information in to the committee. However, it isn’t too late, go to my post, here, and see the contact information and take a few minutes to send your concerns to the committee staff whose names were in the press release.  If your member of Congress is on the subcommittee, please send comments to the member and to the staffers listed.
Leo Hohmann, at World Net Daily, has a very informative article this morning on the hearing that we are told will address fraud in the program and the lack of community involvement  and consultation regarding the decisions that result in targeting Anytown, USA for refugees.
As I told WND, I will be surprised if those two important concerns are addressed in any depth. Watch for the bureaucrats to spin and flat-out lie, especially about community consultation.
Here is what I said:
“If these congressmen get anywhere near touching on these issues of fraud and abuse, I will be amazed,” says Ann Corcoran, a government watchdog who blogs at Refugee Resettlement Watch. “I’ve been following this program for 10 years and I can assure you, I have never heard Congress address fraud and abuse or the lack of consultation at the local level.”
WE will be watching!
Again, see my post yesterday for more details including who is on the Subcommittee.  It will be fun to see who shows up at the hearing!
Go here for the Subcommittee hearing schedule for today.  They say it will be webcast herehttps://judiciary.house.gov/
Filed in my ‘Where is Congress’ tag!  It is also filed in my ‘What you can do’ category here.  For new readers who ask, check that category because almost every day I suggest things you can do where you live!