Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tim Murray - CEC: An Open Letter to the Sierra Club Canada - How can the Sierra Club ignore Canada's 25-year-long policy of hyper-immigration?

- - -
Leftist 'environmentalist'

Typical Green Flake

Author's Note


The following is my reply to one "Diane Beckett" of the Sierra Club Foundation of Canada, who on this year's Earth Day essentially urged me to drop everything and "make my mark" by signing a pledge to "push Canada towards a new, strong, and bold climate strategy". "The time to step up is NOW", she enjoined. 



Email


Dear Ms. Beckett, 

This morning, on the occasion of Earth Day, you sent me an email on behalf of the Sierra Club Foundation of Canada. It was essentially a plea to encourage me to sign a pledge to promote what your organization regards a potent and novel approach to address climate change. 

Since you asked that I support this initiative immediately, I thought your message warranted an immediate response. I wanted to do just that, but I was initially inhibited by the probability that you will not bother to reply. So I will ask you straight up. 

Do you receive replies to these emails? Do you acknowledge them or reply to them? If you don't you are a typical Sierra Club official and a suitable candidate for the leadership of the Green Party of Canada, or indeed of any of the political parties in Ottawa. 

If you do occasionally reply to recipients who take issue with your emails, then please reply to this one. I have spent 9 years trying — and failing — to, as you put it, leave my "mark" by pushing the Sierra Club to a "new, bold, strong climate strategy". What's that? Quite simple. Work to change the federal government's 25-year-long policy of hyper-immigration. A policy that has raised immigration intakes to stratospheric heights without any reasons that have not been debunked by a myriad of studies.  ...


     Excellent job, Tim Murray. I recall many years ago, Garrett Hardin, who authored the environmental classic 'The Tragedy of the Commons,' personally writing a letter to each member of the Sierra Club Board of Directors, asking that on the issue of mass legal and illegal in-migration they think first of the environment and the quality of life of their own great grandkids. Of course, to no avail. 

http://www.eurocanadian.ca/2016/05/an-open-letter-to-sierra-club-canada.html#more