Friday, August 14, 2015

AmRen - Herbert Collins: Why I’m a Race Realist - "I always went to public schools–the forced-integration kind–that gave me a sense of race well before my age hit double-digits. All those horror stories you can find in the archives of American Renaissance are true."



Image result for inner city high school


[ ... ]

In the leftwing imagination, everything at odds with Salon.com is supposed to be one big bad thing. Any disruption of this preconceived notion threatens their worldview. Your average college-educated Democrat firmly believes all people who disagree with him are illiterate and obese Mike Huckabee supporters who attend neo-Nazi gatherings. That’s what I was raised to believe, in a city where most everyone believed that, so it was a long journey for me to discover racial identity.
Like leftists who are shocked when they learn that I like Albert Camus as well as the rock band Of Montreal but am interested in forming a white ethno-state, I am shocked when I meet Identitarians who grew up in circumstances very different from my own: who went to private schools and always lived in white areas. I don’t think I would ever have ever developed a racial consciousness if I had come of age in a “whiteopia”–no matter how much Nietzsche I read in college–because my consciousness was born of direct experience.
I always went to public schools–the forced-integration kind–that gave me a sense of race well before my age hit double-digits. All those horror stories you can find in the archives ofAmerican Renaissance are true. I went to schools with both private security and armed city police, schools that make the news at least once a year, schools where security cameras were installed everywhere, schools where students sent teachers to the hospital, schools with gang graffiti on the desks, etc. etc. That is why people who went to public schools and managed to stay liberal are even more surprising to me than Identitarians from the suburbs.
Through all my years in school, we were taught to believe the opposite of what we were observing. ...