Saturday, December 9, 2017

TOO - Tobias Langdon - "Mark Steyn is a liar and a confidence-trickster"






My late father simultaneously abhorred Muslims and adulated Jews. Muslims were savage, stupid and very bad for the West. Jews were civilized, intelligent and very good for the West. What more need be said? A lot, I thought. I pointed out that Muslims were in the West because of Jews. My father dismissed this as nonsense. Jews weren’t stupid and Muslims were enemies of Jews. Therefore Jews could not possibly want Muslims in the West.
Reality shmeality
I produced copious evidence to back my claim, but it didn’t alter my father’s views in the slightest. If his subjective logic said Jews opposed Muslim immigration, while objective reality said they supported it, then so much the worse for reality. Muslims were bad, Jews were good. End of story. It should be no surprise, then, that my father was also a big fan of Mark Steyn, the shape-shifting neo-conservative who has recently aired one of his favourite themes...