Sunday, July 1, 2018

RRW: Refugee Resettlement Watch is eleven years old today! - Congratulation Ann Corcoran--you are like a Internet female Paul Revere galloping through the streets of Western civilization! --tma


Image result for paul revere
Newport Buzz

Eleven years ago RRW was launched because refugees were being quietly placed in the county seat, Hagerstown, of my rural western Maryland county and I (and others) wanted some answers about who was doing this and why.
Our local newspaper, the Herald Mail, refused to investigate and write an article that would explain what I eventually learned, on my own, was that the US Refugee Admissions Program was responsible.
I didn’t start out with strong opposition, in fact, one of my initial concerns was that some of the refugees placed here seemed to have been abandoned in some pretty lousy neighborhoods.
But….
Why the hush-hush about the program? (The secrecy part was what really hooked me!) ...

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/refugee-resettlement-watch-is-eleven-years-old-today/