Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Amren: Why Are Whites Committing Suicide? - Individualism: fairness above all, even to ethnocentric outsiders - - When we were hunter-gatherers amongst ourselves in the harsh environment of N. Europe this made sense


Image


Years ago, I got to know a black separatist named Robert Brock. He didn’t like white people, but he seemed to like me. I think he respected my honesty. We had a few long phone conversations, and once he asked me point-blank: “I think it’s great, of course, but why are white people committing suicide?” I told him I didn’t know but congratulated him on seeing so clearly something that most whites refuse to see.
Why are white people committing suicide? Kevin MacDonald’s new book, Individualism and the Western Liberal Tradition, does not set out explicitly to answer that question, but it is a thorough study of the origins and implications of a trait that has made Western man great but that also makes him uniquely vulnerable to exploitation: individualism. ...