Thursday, February 20, 2020

Rachel Donalsen: Rape, Impunity, and White Identity - Her best friend in Germany gang-raped by 3 Somalis - she identified them--cops didn't nothing



Image


In high school, one of my classmates was a German exchange student. She and I developed a strong bond almost immediately. Perhaps it was because of my own German ancestry, but she felt like the sister I never had. We stayed in touch after she went back to Europe and throughout the next phases of our lives: college, marriage, and motherhood. She was a model mother and wife.
One day, during the “migrant surge” in Europe in 2015/2016, I got a message from her husband. My friend had been assaulted and raped by three Somalis. She was in the hospital. “What were Somalis doing in her small German town?” I asked myself. There was no satisfying explanation. “What happened next” was the second question. The answer was nothing. She identified her attackers, but authorities did not arrest them or bring them to trial. The rapists faced no consequences. To this day, her husband occasionally sees them in the streets of his once-German hamlet. ...