Tuesday, September 19, 2017

RRW: Get ready for Rohingya! - Refugee flavor of the year - last year it was Syrian Muslims - Trump's "cruel policies"






By Ann Corcoran

Maybe you haven’t noticed yet, but Syrian refugees are last years’ refugee poster children. 
Now the media is moving on to the Rohingya (click here for what I think is the best pronunciation). Everywhere I turn there is media coverage of the Burmese Buddhist government attempting to limit the expansion and disruptive influence of its Muslim minority population.
I want to move on to other topics this morning, so I can’t possibly fill you in on ten years of posts I’ve written (203 so far) on the Rohingya problem.  Someone should write a book and I’ve done a lot of research for wannabe authors in my category called Rohingya Reportshere.
But, I want you to know this morning that the strife in Burma (aka Myanmar) with the Muslim Rohingya (fleeing to Bangladesh, a Muslim country) is being placed front and center at the UN just as President Trump speaks there today.
Here is Amnesty International taking its whack. Surprisingly, there is one little line in this article that you don’t usually see as most reports depict the Rohingya as pure as the driven snow.  And, of course, it is ALL Trump’s fault!
“The USA’s policy towards refugees has to be viewed in a global context. In the shadow of Trump’s cruel policies, other countries around the world have continued to dehumanize refugees and turn their backs on them,” said Salil Shetty ...