Wednesday, April 25, 2018

WaEx - Retired State Dept Mary Doetsch: US refugee program needs a complete overhaul - "Trump might just be the person to do it" - "has morphed into a numbers-driven, financially motivated business, growing blindly at the expense of the American public and our national security."





During my career in the State Department, I became a refugee coordinator in the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, or USRAP, because I wanted to help and support persecuted persons in legitimate need of international protection. But the pervasive fraud I saw during my eight years in the field was alarming.
It cries out for a fix, and President Trump might just be the person to do it.
Undoubtedly, many individuals who work within the refugee field have humanitarian aims. But refugee resettlement has morphed into a numbers-driven, financially motivated business, growing blindly at the expense of the American public and our national security. ...