Sunday, March 20, 2016

Michael Goodwin, former Obama supporter - NY Post: Why it’s time for a Trump revolution - "contempt for Trump reflects contempt for his working-class white support. It is one prejudice gentry liberals and gentry conservatives share"





My friends are worried about me. They insist something is not right and suggest prayer, counseling, even rehab. “Take a break,” they urge. “Get away for a few days and clear your head.”
They are wise and kind, and it would be foolish to dismiss their concerns. Truth be told, there are moments when I doubt myself. Am I making a huge mistake? Am I losing my mind?
Perhaps I am. My friends say that’s the only possible explanation for the fact that I might support Donald Trump for president.
The insanity defense is all that’s left now that the smart set has declared that it’s immoral and indecent to even think about voting for Trump. OK, call me immoral and indecent as well as crazy, because I’m thinking about it. ...